Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oops, late blog post! Sorry about that.

For my final project I'm still undecided if I'm going to make a video or make a series of GIF's, or maybe both? My inspiration comes from a video by Steven Klein (whose work inspires me greatly) he did with Madonna for W Magazine awhile back.


It's very eerie, weird and dark which are all the elements I love in art. What I'm trying to replicate is the cuts and slow motions and loops he does in the video. I'll probably shoot various  scenes; I'm trying to come up with a story to have them at least be cohesive to each other. I'm leaning towards creating GIF's right now. I want to bring surrealism into it too, maybe recreate one of my photographs into a video/GIF form such as this one:
 

I've made GIF's before and video but I'm still very rusty when it comes to video editing. I may use a combination of Final Cut and Adobe After Effects to do the video, then use Photoshop to create the GIF's. Either way I'm very excited for this project, I hope I don't mess it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment