Sunday, February 19, 2012

making of

 As I began to work on this project for one of my classes, I didn't really have an idea of what I wanted to make. The assignment was to make a collage of images, and I've made photo manipulations in the past but I've become a bit rusty at it. So here are the steps I made to get to the final image:

 I went through Deviantart looking for stock images I could use. I was looking for an outdoor setting that wasn't too busy. I knew since the beginning of the project that I was going to composite a person into something, but I was just winging it at this point. I found this open field and figured I could do something with it. The only thing I didn't like was how tight it was, so I made it wider.


The next step was to try and find an interesting enough model that I can place in this field. The picture I found was great in the way that it has a solid background color so it was easier to cut out and also the pose of the model added a great dynamic to the image.

 I decided to add some extra clouds to add more contrast, I felt there was too much empty space at the top of the image.
 And the final steps were making the image in black and white then adding a bit of sepia; it's just easier to convert them to black and white since all the images had different color tones. I decided to add the house to add more of a story to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment